Yesterday I attended a 40th birthday celebration of a cousin, whose wife had kindly booked Jimmy Spices Restaurant, which serves up Indian, Thai, Italian and Chinese dishes. So, was I going to attack or be diplomatic?
Now I’ve eaten at some buffets (mostly Chinese) but this place is somewhat different. Firstly, it offers all these different cuisines under one roof and secondly it’s cooked by chefs you can see, cooking it in front of you, but that’s enough about Jimmy’s, please go visit.
Some people approach “All you can eat” places with caution, so as not to “over-do” it. My approach is a little different as I need to maximise the opportunity and here’s some techniques to help you make some room throughout the course of the evening.
1. Prior to your visit, eat minimal.
2. Stick to Fizzy drinks, which will help you burp.
3. Carry out quiet but regular burps. I know it’s rude, but be discrete. This is going to help add that additional space you are looking for.
4. Stretch out, often leaning backwards, do this 2 – 3 times in the space of 30 seconds.
5. Take regular loo/toilet breaks, use powers of concentration.
6. Try walking around the buffet area 4 – 5 times, walking helps and builds up your appetite.
7. Often rub the belly and pay it a nice compliment.
A little humour, please eat sensibly.