Greetings folks, I spent the Bank holiday weekend (+ a few more days) visiting the Isle of Wight (IOW), staying in a village called Shanklin. With the IOW being such a small Island, we actively ventured to different towns while making the most of where we were staying. So with small notepad and pencil in hand, I made a short of things I learnt about my visit.
1. The Isle of Wight and in particular Shanklin, holds some spectacular views
2. The Houses in and around Shanklin are just so beautiful
3. Life is so much more laid back in the Island
4. The sleepy town of Shanklin so much resembles the location of where The Lost Boys was shot. I am actually sure it harbours a small group of local vampires.
5. Derek Sandy rocks
6. I could so easily retire to the IOW
7. Our youngest son continuously mimicked the “tabla” on the dining table, at breakfast, lunch and evening meal time. He just doesn’t listen!
So when choosing your next short/long break destination, do consider IOW as an option.